About the Position
Are you a production professional who is organized, can handle multiple projects, take initiative, and be a problem solver? Do you have a proven foundation and interest in esports and gaming? We are seeking a Video Editor, who will be responsible for post-production and for creating video features and workflows for online distribution for Golden Guardians (GGS) and Warriors Gaming Squad (WGS).
Your work will focus on the post-production side of the video pipeline, working with the Director of Esports Operations and Video Producer to create engaging, exciting, and distinctive videos to promote our esports teams. This position will help define our video tone, style, and direction. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to work and collaborate with our affiliate GSW Studio team to help develop and strengthen your skills and style.
This is an exciting opportunity to share your expertise and knowledge within our growing sports and entertainment organization that values your initiative, creativity and dedication.
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles.
- Edit and create live action and game videos, with music, graphics, and coloring
- Lead video post-production process (editing, graphics, color), with estimated release schedule of 1 quality video per week
- Collaboratively build the look and feel for GGS and WGS
- Utilize other areas of the organization to build electric and dynamic videos, for social media, art pieces, and production partners
- Book, handle, and delegate projects to freelancers as necessary for keeping up with multiple projects and workload
- Operate cameras on production shoots, as required
- Collaborate with motion graphic designers for custom projects
- Work with various GSW departments to build and execute content consistent with the main brands and channels
Required Experience and Skills
- Deep understanding of Premiere or Final Cut Pro and Adobe After effects experience
- 2 or more years in a professional production environment, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge and a real passion for the esports scene and audience
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in time sensitive situations
- Effective communicator, organizer, and collaborator
- Desire to work for a small, dynamic, and growing team
- Knowledge of Da Vinci is a plus